Therapeutic Life Mentoring
with Michael Lee, MA, Dip.T., Dip.Soc. Sci, C-IAYT, E-RYT500
Hours: 93 (83 contact/practicum, 10 non-contact)
Duration: 5-Webinar Series within a Six-Month Mentored Practicum. All of our online webinar courses are conducted in real time with live faculty-student interaction. Attendance during the live webinar, as scheduled, is required.
Prerequisites: Successful completion of Level 3 required. Final acceptance is based on interview with Michael.
Registration: Please register at least 2 weeks prior to start date to make time for required application, interview and technical orientation. Deposit may be made online at any time; it is refundable if not accepted into the program. Limited enrollment.
Help your clients to “Make Big Shift Happen” in their Lives. Let Michael teach you do do the work he has evolved over 50 years as an educator, consultant, therapist, and international speaker.
What you will get from this course:
You will learn a dynamic and powerful process for change sourced from psychology, neuroscience, yoga philosophy, and Buddhism, and Michael’s latest wisdom in his practical application of this approach for you to apply in your work with your clients who want to really make a difference in their lives.
- In particular you will learn:
- Learn how to distinguish life mentoring from counselling, coaching, and therapy and learn how it expands on the basic Phoenix Rising process with deeper client connection and awareness while supporting clients through sometimes difficult but significant and pivotal times in their lives.
- Learn what it really takes to make a difference in changing your life and helping others change theirs. Knowing how to engage clients in the processes that will help them create less stress, more meaningful lives, better relationships, less reactivity, and greater equanimity.
- Learn a process for private mentoring of your clients between sessions that is not intrusive but holds accountability and offers empowering support.
- Development of broader and deeper listening and responding skills to the high level that consistently and fully encapsulate the essence of the client experience and supports the cycle of life awareness, acceptance, change, and adjustment.
- Learn to use a wider range of options in sessions – great exercises, verbal processes, skillful questions, and variations suited to particular clients that are both physical, verbal, intuitive, and engaging. And learn how to create these “on the fly” in response to the captured moment.
- Learn the detailed application of the Eight Elements in the PRYT Process of Change and how to work with them in sessions and in practical life application with your clients.
- Protocol for client follow up, support, and professional boundaries that specifically apply to the mentoring process.
- Learning from the experience of past students who have significantly increased their revenue, client base, and work effectiveness as well as their enjoyment, passion and engagement using what they learned in their TLM courses.
- A six month practicum with an experienced mentor and faculty team to support you in successfully launching yourself into offering this service with a high level of professional skills. Note some of your session and assignment work will be directly mentored by Michael drawing experience in working with the process of change. Michael will also personally lead five live instructional webinars each of 2 hours duration on the key elements in this unique life mentoring process and how it builds on your existing work. He regards this as his the best he has to offer from all that he has learned. Also after graduation from this course you will be invited to a Facebook group just for you and your colleagues where you will have direct and ongoing access to Michael for questions and support in serving your clients. He wants you to succeed.
” Life Mentoring has more than tripled the number of sessions I now offer. Several clients have been so enthusiastic about the work that they’ve asked to bring their partners. One recently signed up and paid for 8 sessions in advance. I’m so grateful.” – Margaret Burkensmith, PRYT (TLM), Pagosa Springs, CO
“I have found that Therapeutic Life Mentoring takes the PRYT session experience to a whole new level, both for my clients and for me as the practitioner. Rather than each session being a “stand alone,” the client is able to experience progress and make the positive changes they are hoping for. Each new session flows on from the last, enabling sustainable changes to be made. I am now recommending that new clients book a minimum of 4 sessions with me, and once they see the positive results they extend beyond that!” ~ Peg McPhedran, PRYT(TLM), RHN, Osler Yoga and Wellness Quest, Collingwood, ON
I chose to enroll in the Therapeutic Life Mentoring (TLM) program for a couple of reasons: I wanted to enhance and diversify the skills I had to offer my clients and I wanted to be able to reach more people via online sessions. This program did not disappoint! I learned new dialogue skills to facilitate sessions that create more engagement from the client, while still using the foundations gained in the Phoenix Rising Yoga Therapy program. I also learned how to facilitate sessions from a distance, which is more challenging than it seems. Since TLM is about creating meaningful life changes, it’s not something that can easily be accomplished in 1 or 2 sessions; being able to offer a more flexible schedule because of the convenience of online sessions opens up a whole world of possibilities. Throughout the program, both Michael and Peg were available to answer questions and give feedback, which was very useful as I practiced and honed my new skills as a Therapeutic Life Mentor. I recommend this program to anyone who wants to take their PRYT training to a new level. – Kelly Pearson. MS, PRYT Practitioner and Therapeutic Life Mentor, Houston, TX.
After Registration you will have your initial interview with Michael. This will be scheduled after your registration deposit and application are received and before the course start date.
The course will combine instructional live webinars, group discussion, practicum, mentoring, session feedback, video feedback, professional reading, how to take your work to the world, personal growth, and specific support for your particular learning goals. The course will also utilize the online Power Learning platform for reports, feedback, group discussion, and messaging. You will be given an orientation to the platform if it is new to you. Some flexibility on meeting times will be offered in an attempt to schedule at a time convenient to as many group members as possible. The practicum part of the course will require you to offer Life Mentoring sessions to clients for which you may charge your standard fee (minimum of 3 different clients required).
“You can pursue any practice you like without a mentor, and you can build knowledge, but it’s unlikely you’ll every build mastery. A mentor teaches you everything you can’t learn from a book” – Eric Greitens (Resilience).
Next program start date: APRIL 2018
Discount Deadline: 2/19/18
Visit the full Training Schedule for more courses.
If you have any questions, please call us at (800) 288-YOGA(9642) or (802) 453-6444.