Therapeutic Yoga Teacher Training 500 hr Program
Are you looking to go on a journey to find yourself and help others find themselves through the practice of yoga? Then the full 500 hour training is for you. It covers all the basics of teaching beginner and intermediate yoga as well as giving you the experience and tools to feel ready to offer profoundly impactful advanced level classes. Phoenix Rising has a unique approach to facilitating classes: they are student-centered and guided by language that enhances the body-mind relationship through embodied self-inquiry.
Topics covered in the 500 hour training include:
- Embodied and experiential anatomy and physiology
- Applied yoga philosophy
- Teaching methodology – adult learning and experiential education
- Professional integrity, boundaries and ethics
- Business practices – authentic, personalized and mindful
- Guiding postures using language skills for precision
- The art of sequencing using postures and light thematic language
- The power of personal practice
- Integrating the Phoenix Rising process into daily life
- Crafting class, workshops and retreats from intention, thematic language and symbolic use of postures
- Accessing the subtle body’s symbolic nature with asana, pranayama and meditation
- How to guide a theme based yoga class (themes other than those previously taught )
- Learn how to provide students with private yoga consultations – one on one
Frequently Asked Questions
- What programs do I take to get this certification?
Required Curriculum (200 hrs)
Additional Courses (minimum 300 hrs)
Choose from within required categories to create a customized set of electives that will meet your professional goals. 450 hours of the total must be taken in Residential courses. Your choices include, but are not limited to the courses in the yoga therapist program. So, essentially you can earn credit toward two certificates with some of the same courses. An experienced and understanding staff member is available to help you design your study. Call or email us!
- How much time does this take?
It’s up to you! Each course is offered at least once a year. Each course can have no more than one year between them and a minimum of two courses a year must be taken – making the maximum duration of your course of study 4 years.
- What can I do with my certification?
Once you successfully complete all modules you are recognized as a 500 hour Phoenix Rising Yoga Teacher. You may use your certification to apply to Yoga Alliance for your 500 RYT status. You will have the skills to:
- Teach Phoenix Rising Yoga Classes in our unique therapeutic style
- Run workshops with a Phoenix Rising flavor to them
- Meet one on one with yoga students who want to go deeper into their practice of yoga.
- What kind of financial investment am I making?
We offer two different ways to approach your investment. You may either register for the whole certification package at once or you may pay for the individual modules one at a time. Here are the tuition breakdowns for the Required Curriculum portion of the 500 hour Program:
Enroll in the 500 hour Program with non-refundable but transferrable deposits and receive a Package Plan Tuition Discount, ongoing engaged connection through webinars, conference calls and invitation to our YTT Facebook group. ($2,793 total)
- $75 Application Fee
- $2,718 Required Courses: Level 1, Module A, and Module B
- 10% off residential courses (5% off mentored programs) you add as Electives for 2 years.
Individual Course Tuition – no upfront commitment or engagement. Earn the credits at your own pace. ($3,095 total)
- $75 Application Fee
- Yoga Therapy Training Level 1 – $650
- Module A: Dual Process – $875
- Module B: Themes – $1,495
Elective Courses to complete the 500 hours vary in price from $625 to $2,995. Your individualized curriculum will have an individualized price tag. Please contact the office to discuss your options.
- What do I need to do to get started?
For individual courses, simply register for each course online.
To enroll in the 500 hour Program and receive Package Plan pricing: Pay the application fee by checking off “Application Fee – Yoga Teacher Certificate Program (200, 300, 500) +$75.00” on the Registration page or by calling the office. We will then send you the Program Application to be filled in and returned to email@example.com.
You may choose to pay the Application Fee and register for your first course at the same time or multiple courses at once.