200 Hour Therapeutic Yoga Teacher Certification
By the end of our Yoga Alliance approved 200 hour yoga teacher certification program, you will have the skills, knowledge and confidence required to offer basic and intermediate Phoenix Rising Therapeutic Yoga Classes to the general public and to special populations. You will be able to offer them with professional integrity and competence using our unique dual process and themed approach, and you will be well on your way to creating a successful therapeutic yoga teaching career.
Topics covered in the 200 hour training include:
- Embodied and experiential anatomy and physiology
- Applied yoga philosophy
- Teaching methodology and the distinction between teaching and educating in an adult world
- Professional integrity, boundaries and ethics
- The power and delivery of Presence in teaching
- Business practices that are authentic, personalized and mindful
- How to guide postures, focusing the essence of asana and pranayama, along with a process of embodied self inquiry
- Learning the art of sequencing postures and using a thematic approach to classes with thematic language
Frequently Asked Questions
- What programs do I take to get this certification?
- How much time does this take?
It’s up to you! All the courses are offered in one calendar year, so if you are ambitious you could complete your 200 hour training in less than 12 months (even as little as 1 month!). You also have the option of taking each course with no more than 1 year between them. If you spread it out this way, then you could finish certification over a 3 year time span.
- What can I do with my certification?
After successful completion of all required modules you are a certified 200 hour Phoenix Rising Therapeutic Yoga Teacher. You may then take your certificate and apply to Yoga Alliance to register as a 200 hr RYT. You will also have the skills to teach drop in classes or a series of classes at yoga studios. You will be able to create a practice of teaching Phoenix Rising hatha yoga classes.
- What kind of financial investment am I making?
We offer two different ways to approach your investment. You may either register for the whole certification package at once or you may pay for the individual modules one at a time. Here are the tuition breakdowns:
Enroll in the 200 hr Program with non-refundable but transferrable deposits and receive a Bundle Tuition Discount, ongoing engaged connection through webinars, conference calls and invitation to our YTT Facebook group. ($2,795 total)
- $75 Application Fee
- $2,718 (includes Essentials (Level 1) and Teacher Trainings Module A and Module B)
- 10% off residential courses (5% off mentored programs) you add for 2 years.
Individual Course Tuition – no upfront commitment or engagement. Earn the credits at your own pace. ($3,095 total)
- $75 Application Fee
- Phoenix Rising Essentials (Level 1) – $650
- Module A: Dual Process – $875
- Module B: Themes – $1,495
- What do I need to do to get started?
For individual courses, simply register for each course online.
To enroll in the 200 hr Program and receive Package Plan pricing: Pay the application fee by checking off “Application Fee – Yoga Teacher Certificate Program (200, 300, 500) +$75.00” on the Registration page or by calling the office. We will then send you the 200 hr Program Application to be filled in and returned to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may choose to pay the Application Fee and register for your first course at the same time or even for all three courses all at once.