PRYT YOGA THERAPY FOR COUPLES
An Advanced Specialty Practice Course with Michael Lee, MA, Dip.T., Dip.Soc. Sci, C-IAYT, E-RYT500
Tuition: $625 (no discounts)
Hours: 25 hours, webinar and practicum
Duration: 2 months, including 5 two-hour webinars and 15 hours of practicum. All of our online webinar courses are conducted in real time with live faculty-student interaction. Attendance during the live webinar, as scheduled, is required.
Prerequisites: Successful completion of Level 3 required.
Registration: Limited enrollment so please register early.
We know that an individual yoga practice can help with putting us in a better place in all we do including engaging our relationships. Yoga Therapy for Couples takes this much further. Michael Lee, the Founder of Phoenix Rising Yoga Therapy, began working with couples in the context of yoga therapy several years ago. Since then he has developed an integrated approach that has been very successful in helping those in committed relationships to find deeper connection, greater awareness and understanding, and more meaningful communication. The couples he and his students have worked with are generally able deal with issues more effectively, experience greater intimacy and find that an “embodied and mindful” approach to relationship often has many amazing and unexpected results.
In this 25 hour online course (5 two hour webinars, 15 hours supervised practicum) students will learn:
- Common myths about relationships and what the research shows to be true
- What couples want and how you can provide it with this approach
- How Phoenix Rising Couples work can complement more traditional talk therapies and which approaches to therapy fit the best
- How learning couples work can open up a whole new market for your yoga therapy practice and how to tap it
- Fine tuned mastery of the art of presence in couples work with video examples from Michael’s sessions
- Which resources are helpful to learning this approach
- A repetoire of partner yoga and mind-body experiences for couples
- Ways to help couples with take home mind-body practices so they can continue to enhance their relationship between sessions
- Common pitfalls in couples work and how to avoid them
Winter/Spring 2018 – will begin February 7 and end April 10. Wednesdays, 4-6pm Eastern time: Feb 7 & 21, Mar 7 & Tuesdays, 4-6pm Eastern time: Mar 27, April 10
Winter/Spring 2019 – dates tbd, starting in February. Wednesdays, 7-9pm Eastern time
If you have any questions, please call us at (800) 288-YOGA(9642) or (802) 453-6444.