Yoga Therapy Training Level 3
Tuition includes Orientation, Midterm, Practicum and Independent Study
Hours: 140 contact hrs during residencies, 70 contact hrs during Practicum, plus 184 non-contact hrs of Supervised Independent Study
Duration: Two 6.5 day residencies plus 9 months supervised mentoring
Schedule: Each residency begins at 5pm on the start date; each day after that will run roughly 8am-5pm (each day will be different) followed by optional evening sessions.
Prerequisites: Level 1 and Level 2
Application: Admittance to this Level of training requires an Application and Fee, as well as successful completion of both Levels 1 and 2 with faculty approval.
Practitioner Level 3 training is the final and most comprehensive phase of the Phoenix Rising Yoga Therapy Practitioner Certification program: a nine-month part-time, distance learning program, plus two two-week intensives at the Phoenix Rising Center. It is designed to give you the professional experience, knowledge, understanding, and confidence needed to establish a career. Students have a chance to observe themselves in action and receive detailed supervision. This part of the program includes practice sessions and detailed reports, intensive workshops, reading of professional literature relating to yoga and psychotherapy, professional business practices, and essay writing.
Level 3 begins twice a year, summer and winter. You are eligible to apply for Level 3 if you have successfully completed Level 2 within the last year. If you have completed Level 2 more than one year ago, please call and speak to the Level 3 Program Director before applying.
Orientation Residency Program
- Orientation to distance learning, the mentoring process, and program materials.
- Coaching and feedback on a sessions given in the mentor groups.
- Technical review and practice of assisted postures.
- Anatomical considerations of assisted posture work.
- Practitioner Alignment and strength for assisting postures.
- Introduction to Professional Ethics and boundaries.
- Working with first-time clients.
Midterm Residency Program
- Coaching and feedback on sessions given in the mentor groups.
- Technical review and practice of assisted postures, dialogue, and integration.
- Teaching and practice of advanced dialogue techniques: Two-part Dialogue and Open- Ended Journey Dialogue.
- Teaching and practice of the Extended Body Scan.
- Professional ethics, boundaries, and guidelines for establishing a Phoenix Rising Yoga Therapy practice.
Supervised Practicum (Non-Residency)
- Forty-eight practice sessions, with self-observation and feedback on eighteen of them.
- Four exchange sessions with peers.
- Four professional sessions received from certified practitioners.
- Selected reading of professional literature.
- Daily yoga and meditation practice.
- Telephone conferences with mentor.
- Evaluation of session work via video.
- Self-evaluation/Self-study Assignments.
- Client Created Student evaluations.
- Required for the PRYT 600 Certificate program: Applied Yoga Philosophy, Anatomy and Physiology
- Required for the IAYT 954 Certificate program: the above two courses, plus please see the IAYT 954 Accredited program page for additional required courses and course choices.
Upcoming Level 3 Schedule
This training includes 9 months of mentoring and the following residential sessions:
March 2017 – November 2017 – Vancouver, BC – Soleil Hepner
Orientation: March 14-20, 2017
Midterm: July 19-25, 2017
Practicum Ends: November 30, 2017
June 2017 – February 2018 – Bristol, VT – Soleil Hepner
Orientation: June 19-25, 2017
Midterm: October 14-20, 2017
Practicum Ends: February 28, 2018
November 2017 – July 2018 – Denver, CO – Bev Johnson
Orientation: November 5-11, 2017
Midterm: March tba, 2018
Practicum Ends: July 20, 2018
January 2018 – September 2018 – Charleston, SC – Soleil Hepner
Orientation: January 22-28, 2018
Midterm: May 18-24, 2018
Practicum Ends: September 30, 2018
Visit the full Training Schedule for more courses.
If you have any questions, please call us at (800) 288-YOGA(9642) or (802) 453-6444.