Yoga Therapy Training Level 3
Tuition includes Orientation, Midterm, Practicum and Independent Study
Hours: 140 contact hrs during residencies, 70 contact hrs during Practicum, plus 184 non-contact hrs of Supervised Independent Study
Duration: Two 6.5 day residencies plus 9 months supervised mentoring
Schedule: Each residency begins at 5pm on the start date; each day after that will run roughly 8am-5pm (each day will be different) followed by optional evening sessions.
Prerequisites: Phoenix Rising Essentials and PR Yoga Therapy Training Level 2
Application: Admittance to this Level of training requires an Application and Fee (which can be submitted at any time), and successful completion of both Levels 1 and 2 with faculty approval.
Yoga Therapy Training Level 3 is the most comprehensive phase of the Phoenix Rising Yoga Therapy core curriculum: a nine-month part-time, distance learning mentored practicum, plus two seven-day residential intensives (12 days if a student stays for adjunct courses). It is designed to give you the professional experience, knowledge, understanding, and confidence needed to establish a career. Students have a chance to observe themselves in action and receive detailed supervision. This part of the program includes practice sessions and detailed reports, intensive workshops, reading of professional literature relating to yoga and psychotherapy, professional business practices, and essay writing.
Level 3 begins three times each year, winter, summer and fall. You are eligible to apply for Level 3 if you have successfully completed Level 2 within the last year. If you have completed Level 2 more than one year ago, please call and speak to the Level 3 Program Director before applying.
Orientation Residency Program
- Orientation to distance learning, the mentoring process, and program materials.
- Coaching and feedback on a sessions given in the mentor groups.
- Technical review and practice of assisted postures.
- Anatomical considerations of assisted posture work.
- Practitioner Alignment and strength for assisting postures.
- Introduction to Professional Ethics and boundaries.
- Working with first-time clients.
Midterm Residency Program
- Coaching and feedback on sessions given in the mentor groups.
- Technical review and practice of assisted postures, dialogue, and integration.
- Teaching and practice of advanced dialogue techniques: Two-part Dialogue and Open- Ended Journey Dialogue.
- Teaching and practice of the Extended Body Scan.
- Professional ethics, boundaries, and guidelines for establishing a Phoenix Rising Yoga Therapy practice.
Supervised Practicum (Non-Residency)
- Forty-eight practice sessions, with self-observation and feedback on eighteen of them.
- Four exchange sessions with peers.
- Four professional sessions received from certified practitioners.
- Selected reading of professional literature.
- Daily yoga and meditation practice.
- Telephone conferences with mentor.
- Evaluation of session work via video.
- Self-evaluation/Self-study Assignments.
- Client Created Student evaluations.
Technology used during this course:
- PowerSchool Learning (PL) – for assignments
- Zoom.us – for online meetings
- Google Drive (or other cloud sharing service) – for your videos
- Facebook – for connection
- Student Support page on pryt.com – for forms
- Required for the PRYT 600 Certificate program: Anatomy and Physiology, Yoga & Transformational Philosophies
- Required for the IAYT 954 Certificate program: the above two courses, plus please see the IAYT 954 Accredited program page for additional required courses and course choices.
Upcoming Level 3 Schedule
This training includes 9 months of mentoring and the following residential sessions:
June 2018 – February 2019 – Sruti/Phoenix Rising Center, Great Barrington, MA – led by Soleil Hepner
Discount Deadline: 4/19/18
Application Deadlines: April 20 or May 18
Orientation: June 18-24, 2018
Midterm: October 13-19, 2018
Practicum Ends: February 28, 2019
October 2018 – July 2019 -hOMe Collective, Denver, CO – led by Bev Johnson
Discount Deadline: 8/29/18
Application Deadlines: August 24 or September 28
Orientation: October 28-November 3, 2018
Midterm: March tbd, 2019
Practicum Ends: July 2019
Visit the full Training Schedule for more courses.
If you have any questions, please call us at (800) 288-YOGA(9642) or (802) 453-6444.