Group Facilitator Training
with Michael Lee, MA, Dip.T., Dip.Soc. Sci, C-IAYT, E-RYT 500
Tuition: $2,995/$2,845(EB) in 2020. Will increase in 2021.
Hours: 108 residential and webinar contact hours, 65 independent study & practicum hours
Duration: One 12-day residential intensive plus 6 months online & practicum
Prerequisites: Level 3 and Yoga Teaching experience (or Module A: Dual Process).
Registration: Limited enrollment so please register early.
This program provides Phoenix Rising Yoga Therapists with the skills and knowledge required to organize, promote and facilitate eight-week group programs focused on helping people cope with stress and stress-related symptoms, manage the trauma of recovery from change, adapt to change, engage the process of healing and recovery, and generally become more empowered to deal with daily life. Based on Michael Lee’s book, Turn Stress Into Bliss, the program follows a progressive, thematic approach to awareness, choice, and change.
Training consists of pre-residency preparation, a 12-day residential intensive, and a six-month practicum in your home area with mentoring by experienced faculty. Successful completion of an eight-week group program in your community with mentoring is a vital part of this program and the reason why graduates successfully offer groups after graduation.
* This course also includes training in how to lead, plan, and facilitate an ongoing yoga therapy group or a weekend workshop or a week-long retreat.
* Graduates of this program work with clients coping with stress or illnesses such as cancer, heart disease, addictions, irritable bowel syndrome, and many more. They also work with specific populations such as teens, parents, people transitioning careers, veterans, and so on.
* Graduates of this program are offering the standard 8-week group program or an adaption, through health institutions, educational organizations and human resources departments as well as independently.
Phoenix Rising Yoga Therapy groups have changed participants’ relationship to stress and dramatically reduced stress-related physical and emotional symptoms and empowered them to lead lives with meaning and authenticity. This multifaceted approach can be easily delivered in a variety of medical, professional and community settings. Our group facilitators also find that running groups is a great way to expand their practice and serve more clients with a cost-effective program. Graduates also claim that their individual one on one practice is greatly improved by skills learned in this program.
2020 GROUP FACILITATOR TRAINING PROGRAM
Program Start/End Dates:
Discount Deadline: 10/2/2020
Residential Session December 1-12, 2020 – Great Barrington, MA
New Format will include:
- Module B: Themes and Sequencing – Dec 1-7 – taught by Sarah K Greco
First day begins at 8am; daily schedule 8:00am-6:00pm
- Group Facilitator Training – Dec 8-12 – taught by Michael Lee, with Melissa Lyons
Daily schedule 8:30am-5:30pm; final day 8:30am-2pm
Six Post-residential Webinar Meetings
Practicum to be finished by May 31, 2021
Visit the full Training Schedule for more courses.
If you have any questions, please call us at (800) 288-YOGA(9642) or (802) 453-6444.