Tuition: $4,499 not including $75 application fee. Tuition includes Orientation, Midterm, Practicum and Independent Study
Hours: Residencies – 104 contact hrs. Practicum – 36 online contact hrs, 48 sessions delivered, plus independent study, documentation, and homework
Duration: Two 5-7 day residencies plus 9 months supervised mentoring
Schedule: Both sessions begin at 5pm on the first day. Daily schedule is roughly 7am-5:30pm (each day will be different) followed by evening sessions.
Prerequisites: Phoenix Rising Yoga Therapy Essentials and PR Yoga Therapy Training Level 2
Application: Admittance to this Level of training requires an Application and Fee (which can be submitted at any time), and successful completion of both Essentials and Yoga Therapy Level 2 with faculty approval.
Yoga Therapy Training Level 3 is the most comprehensive phase of the Phoenix Rising Yoga Therapy core curriculum: a nine-month part-time, distance learning mentored practicum, plus two seven-day residential intensives (12 days if a student stays for adjunct courses). It is designed to give you the professional experience, knowledge, understanding, and confidence needed to establish a career. Students have a chance to observe themselves in action and receive detailed supervision. This part of the program includes practice sessions and detailed reports, intensive workshops, reading of professional literature relating to yoga and psychotherapy, professional business practices, and essay writing.
Level 3 begins twice each year in January and June. You are eligible to apply for Level 3 if you have successfully completed Level 2 within the last year. If you have completed Level 2 more than one year ago, please call and speak to the Level 3 Program Director before applying.
ORIENTATION RESIDENCY PROGRAM:
- Orientation to distance learning, the mentoring process, and program materials.
- Coaching and feedback on a sessions given in the mentor groups.
- Technical review and practice of assisted postures.
- Anatomical considerations of assisted posture work.
- Practitioner Alignment and strength for assisting postures.
- Introduction to Professional Ethics and boundaries.
- Working with first-time clients.
MIDTERM RESIDENCY PROGRAM:
- Coaching and feedback on sessions given in the mentor groups.
- Technical review and practice of assisted postures, dialogue, and integration.
- Teaching and practice of advanced dialogue techniques: Two-part Dialogue and Open-Ended Journey Dialogue.
- Teaching and practice of the Extended Body Scan.
- Professional ethics, boundaries, and guidelines for establishing a Phoenix Rising Yoga Therapy practice.
SUPERVISED PRACTICUM (NON-RESIDENCY):
- Forty-eight practice sessions, with self-observation and feedback on eighteen of them.
- Four exchange sessions with peers.
- Four professional sessions received from certified practitioners.
- Selected reading of professional literature.
- Daily yoga and meditation practice.
- Telephone conferences with mentor.
- Evaluation of session work via video.
- Self-evaluation/Self-study Assignments.
- Client Created Student evaluations.
TECHNOLOGY USED DURING THIS COURSE:
- PowerSchool Learning (PL) – for overview and assignment information
- Zoom.us – for online meetings and private video sharing
- Google Drive – for assignment file sharing
- Facebook – for connection
- Student Support page on pryt.com – for forms and administrative information
- Please note and plan on the following potential expenses during the Practicum:
- Books for required reading (access to list will be provided during Orientation)
- Receiving Professional Sessions (four total) – Mentors are available at a reduced rate (typically $85) during
- Orientation and Midterm. Other practitioners will charge their standard rate (typically $85 to $125).
- Zoom.us paid account to enable private video sharing ($15/month)
- Rental or purchase of recording equipment if needed (most commonly, this is a microphone)
- IAYT Student Membership ($50/year) – will facilitate research for required assignment in Quarter 3 of the Practicum
- Travel, accommodations, and meals during Residential sessions.
- Required for the PRYT 600 Certificate program: Anatomy and Physiology, Yoga & Transformational Philosophies
- Required for the IAYT 900 Certificate program: the above two courses, plus please see the IAYT 900 Accredited program page for additional required courses.
Schedule for Upcoming Level 3
Will be entirely online.
Begins January 2021. Organized in Four Quarters. Exact meeting times TBD.
Opening Weekend - 2 days, 4 classroom hrs each
Ongoing Wednesdays - 8 meetings, 2.5 hrs each
Sat-Sun January 9-10
Wednesdays Jan 13, 20, 27, Feb 3, 10, skip 17, 24, March 3, 10
Sat-Sun March 13-14
Wednesdays March 17, 24, 31, April 7, 14, skip 21, 28, May 5, 12
Sat-Sun May 15-16
May 19, 26, June 2, 9, skip 16, 23, 30, July skip 7, 14, 21
Sat-Sun July 24-25
Wednesdays July 28, Aug 4, 11, skip 18, 25, Sept 1, 8, 15, 22, 29
Program End Date: September 30, 2021
Phoenix Rising Yoga Therapy courses
- Yoga TherapyEssentials(level 1)
- Yoga TherapyAssists & Dialog(level 2)
- Yoga TherapyPracticum(level 3)
- Yoga Teacher TrainingDual Process(Module A)
- Anatomy & Physiology
- Yoga & Transformational Philosophies
- Yoga Therapy Group Facilitator Training
- Yoga Therapy for Couples
- Life Mentoring
- Basics of Ayurveda
- The Subtle Body