Yoga Therapy Training Level 3
Yoga Therapy Training Level 3 is the most comprehensive phase of the Phoenix Rising Yoga Therapy core curriculum: a nine-month part-time, distance learning mentored practicum, plus two seven-day residential intensives (12 days if a student stays for adjunct courses). It is designed to give you the professional experience, knowledge, understanding, and confidence needed to establish a career. Students have a chance to observe themselves in action and receive detailed supervision. This part of the program includes practice sessions and detailed reports, intensive workshops, reading of professional literature relating to yoga and psychotherapy, professional business practices, and essay writing.
Level 3 begins twice each year in January and June. You are eligible to apply for Level 3 if you have successfully completed Level 2 within the last year. If you have completed Level 2 more than one year ago, please call and speak to the Level 3 Program Director before applying.
Orientation Residency Program
- Orientation to distance learning, the mentoring process, and program materials.
- Coaching and feedback on a sessions given in the mentor groups.
- Technical review and practice of assisted postures.
- Anatomical considerations of assisted posture work.
- Practitioner Alignment and strength for assisting postures.
- Introduction to Professional Ethics and boundaries.
- Working with first-time clients.
Midterm Residency Program
- Coaching and feedback on sessions given in the mentor groups.
- Technical review and practice of assisted postures, dialogue, and integration.
- Teaching and practice of advanced dialogue techniques: Two-part Dialogue and Open- Ended Journey Dialogue.
- Teaching and practice of the Extended Body Scan.
- Professional ethics, boundaries, and guidelines for establishing a Phoenix Rising Yoga Therapy practice.
Supervised Practicum (Non-Residency)
- Forty-eight practice sessions, with self-observation and feedback on eighteen of them.
- Four exchange sessions with peers.
- Four professional sessions received from certified practitioners.
- Selected reading of professional literature.
- Daily yoga and meditation practice.
- Telephone conferences with mentor.
- Evaluation of session work via video.
- Self-evaluation/Self-study Assignments.
- Client Created Student evaluations.
Technology used during this course:
- PowerSchool Learning (PL) – for overview and assignment information
- Zoom.us – for online meetings and private video sharing
- Google Drive – for assignment file sharing
- Facebook – for connection
- Student Support page on pryt.com – for forms and administrative information
Please note and plan on the following potential expenses during the Practicum:
- Books for required reading (access to list will be provided during Orientation)
- Receiving Professional Sessions (four total) – Mentors are available at a reduced rate (typically $85) during Orientation and Midterm. Other practitioners will charge their standard rate (typically $85 to $125).
- Zoom.us paid account to enable private video sharing ($15/month)
- Rental or purchase of recording equipment if needed (most commonly, this is a microphone)
- IAYT Student Membership ($50/year) – will facilitate research for required assignment in Quarter 3 of the Practicum
- Travel, accommodations, and meals during Residential sessions.
- Required for the PRYT 600 Certificate program: Anatomy and Physiology, Yoga & Transformational Philosophies
- Required for the IAYT 900 Certificate program: the above two courses, plus please see the IAYT 900 Accredited program page for additional required courses.
Tuition: $4,499/$4,273(EB) not including $75 application fee
Tuition includes Orientation, Midterm, Practicum and Independent Study
Hours: Residencies – 104 contact hrs. Practicum – 36 online contact hrs, 48 sessions delivered, plus independent study, documentation, and homework
Duration: Two 6.5 day residencies plus 9 months supervised mentoring
Schedule: Each residency begins at 5pm on the start date; each day after that will run roughly 8am-5pm (each day will be different) followed by optional evening sessions.
Prerequisites: Phoenix Rising Yoga Therapy Essentials and PR Yoga Therapy Training Level 2
Application: Admittance to this Level of training requires an Application and Fee (which can be submitted at any time), and successful completion of both Essentials and Yoga Therapy Level 2 with faculty approval.
This training includes 9 months of mentoring and the following residential sessions:
October 2019 – October 2020 – hOMe Collective, Denver, CO – led by Soleil Hepner (modified schedule)
Discount Deadline: August 30, 2019
Application Deadline: August 30, 2019
Orientation: October 30-November 3, 2019 note: dates have changed
Midterm: May 11-17, 2020 ** in Charleston, SC
Practicum Ends: October 15, 2020 (one month off during December 2019)
January – October 2020 – Still Soul Studio, Charleston, SC – led by Soleil Hepner
Discount Deadline: November 28, 2019
Application Deadline: November 28, 2019
Orientation: January 28-February 1, 2020
Midterm: May 11-17, 2020
Practicum Ends: September 30, 2020
June 2020 – February 2021 – Phoenix Rising Center, Great Barrington, MA – led by Soleil Hepner
Discount Deadline: April 20, 2020
Application Deadline: April 20, 2020
Orientation: June 16-22, 2020
Midterm: October 11-17, 2020
Practicum Ends: February 28, 2021
Fall 2020 – Denver, CO – led by Soleil Hepner
Discount Deadline: August 28, 2020
Application Deadline: August 28, 2020
Orientation: tbd in October or November 2020
Midterm: tbd in March or April 2021
Practicum Ends: October 2021
See Japan location page for link to Host Studio site for registration.
Visit the full Training Schedule for more courses.
If you have any questions, please call us at (800) 288-YOGA(9642) or (802) 453-6444.