Phoenix Rising Professional Continuing Education for Mental Health Professionals
Bring the Body to Therapy
May 20, 2017 in San Diego, CA
Bring the Body to Therapy: The Convergence of Yogic Practice & Psychotherapy
Use bodily sensations to gain insight into mental and emotional states for growth, healing and change.
This is Embodied Mindfulness.
As a clinician, educator, and director of clinical training, I am thoroughly impressed with the Phoenix Rising program and believe it to be of great benefit for clinicians across psychotherapeutic disciplines. – Susan D. Writer, Ph.D.
In this Introductory Workshop:
- Combine touch, postures and Rogerian dialogue to help resolve past issues or traumas that manifest physically.
- Work within professional boundaries to provide a safe container while engaging touch.
- Help clients convert the new awareness arising from a body focus into empowered and life changing action.
- Explore how to apply these processes in your work with a variety of clients.
- Learn about some of the recent neuroscience research that supports this approach.
- Engage in brief practice sessions and discussion.
Sponsored by: Foundations San Diego
May 20, 2017
11am – 6pm
with one hour lunch break
10:30-11am FRN Walkabout and Networking
Foundations San Diego
3930 4th Ave Suite 301
San Diego, CA 92103
Financial & Other Policies
No hassle 24-hr cancellation policy: Cancel in writing 24 hours before course start time and receive full amount toward a future course OR full refund less $30 cancellation fee.
No show policy: no refund.
Requests for special accommodations and grievance policy available upon request.
$189 at the door
$169 pre-registration (by May 18)
$149 early registration (by April 30)
Approved by California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists (CAMFT); meets qualifications for 6 hours continuing education credit for LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs, and/or LEPs as required by the California Board of Behavioral Sciences. Provider #128305. Certificates provided to attendees within 3o days of the completion of course.