Phoenix Rising Professional Continuing Education for Mental Health Professionals
Bring the Body to Therapy
March 2, 2019 in San Diego, CA
Bring the Body to Therapy: The Convergence of Yogic Practice & Psychotherapy
Use bodily sensations to gain insight into mental and emotional states for growth, healing and change.
This is Embodied Mindfulness.
As a clinician, educator, and director of clinical training, I am thoroughly impressed with the Phoenix Rising program and believe it to be of great benefit for clinicians across psychotherapeutic disciplines. – Susan D. Writer, Ph.D.
In this Introductory Workshop:
- Combine yoga postures, Rogerian dialogue, and supportive touch to help resolve past issues or traumas that manifest physically.
- Explore how to apply these processes in your work with a variety of clients.
- Work within professional boundaries to provide a safe container while engaging the body’s wisdom.
- Help clients convert new awareness arising from a body focus into empowered and life changing action.
- Learn about some of the recent neuroscience research that supports this method of working.
- Engage in brief practice sessions and discussion.
March 2, 2019
8am – 5pm
One hour lunch break.
Stepping Stones Life Transition Support
411 Camino Del Rio S #304
San Diego, CA 92108
Financial & Other Policies
No hassle 24-hr cancellation policy: Cancel in writing 24 hours before course start time and receive full amount toward a future course OR full refund less $30 cancellation fee.
No show policy: no refund.
Requests for special accommodations and grievance policy available upon request.
$189 at the door
$169 pre-registration (by March 1)
$149 early registration (by February 1)
Approved by California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists (CAMFT); meets qualifications for 8 hours continuing education credit for LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs, and/or LEPs as required by the California Board of Behavioral Sciences. Provider #128305.
Continuing Education Available for this course:
Continuing Education of 8 credits per day may be available for MFTs, Psychologists, Social Workers, (Chemical Dependency) Counselors, and Nurses. Click here to register and pay for your CEs. Note: This will take you to a separate site.