Yoga Therapy using the Phoenix Rising Method
In this yoga therapy training, with 3 certificate levels, you’ll learn to bridge the gap between yoga, mindfulness, and therapy for a totally unique approach known as the Phoenix Rising Method. The PRYT process teaches you how to guide clients/students to be present and listen to their bodies as a tool for learning and healing. Become an expert in skillfully guiding others to align the wisdom of their bodies and mind in individualized and group experiences.
In this yoga therapy training you will:
- Learn how to combine physical yoga with deep personal inquiry.
- Gain tangible tools to apply yoga therapy in one-on-one sessions, classes, groups, and with couples.
- Learn hands-on and verbal techniques to help clients process mental or physical health ailments through their bodies.
- Learn to find The Edge and how to play in that space to expand one’s comfort zone.
- Become a yoga therapist or enhance your current profession as a yoga teacher, mental health professional, or other health care and bodywork provider.
Hybrid Online Yoga Therapy Certification
Includes onsite retreats in stunning Estes Park, Colorado
Our world class yoga therapy program is created for people who are serious about becoming a yoga therapist or integrating yoga therapy into their current professional practice. Commit to a 6 month, one year, or two year program depending on your readiness and professional goals.
The full yoga therapy certification training includes 4 semesters over two years. A certification is offered at the end of the first semester and at the end of the second semester. Each semester includes:
• 11-day residential learning in Estes Park, CO
• 5.5 months distance learning (online and independent)
• Supervised Practicum
The Phoenix Rising Yoga Therapy Training Program is accredited by the International Association of Yoga Therapists (IAYT), registered with Yoga Alliance, a member of United States Association of Body Psychotherapy (USAPB), and approved as a CEU provider for California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists (CAMFT).
Talk therapy has limitations; Phoenix Rising Yoga Therapy is limitless.
Areas of study:
- Transformational Philosophy
- Subtle Body
- Anatomy and Physiology
All the faculty I’ve interacted with and connected to are absolutely amazing.
- Caroline Schwatz
Prerequisites: Completion of PRYT Essentials AND one of the following: 200 hour Yoga Teacher Certification with 1 year of yoga teaching experience OR relevant professional health care license (ie: psychotherapist, physical therapist, occupational therapist, massage, etc.)
Duration and Tuition
- Yoga Therapist and 300hr RYT (commit to 2 years) $17,000
- 300hr RYT only (commit to 1st year) $11,500
- Non-Certificate (if you wish to integrate the PRYT Method into your current work, but do not yet seek a certificate or yoga credential, you may take the first semester without commitment to continue) $6,000
2022 Residential Session Dates TBD
- Session 1 - April 2022
- Session 2 - October 2022