Prerequisite: Completion of Semester 1
$6000 includes Semester 2 with one 8 day in-person retreat, all webinars, practicum, and mentoring.
See payment options below.
Earn PRYT Certified Level 2 status upon completion of this semester.
Includes a 300hr yoga teacher certificate to your 200hr certificate (for those who wish to register with Yoga Alliance).
Semester 2 begins with an 8 day in-person residential retreat in Estes Park, Colorado where you will augment hands-on, touch, and verbal skills for concentrated delivery of the PRYT Method. We will help you set yourself up for success in your home-based practicum and mentoring that follows the retreat.
Each 8 day in-person residential retreat is followed by:
- 5 ½ months of weekly online yoga therapy training webinars
- Purposefully focused at-home assignments
- Commitment to a daily yoga and meditation practice
- Home-based practicum in which you will deliver 2-4 hrs per week of individual or group yoga therapy experiences (online or in-person), share video and self evaluation and receive impactful feedback from faculty and mentors.
Time Commitment: Allow a minimum of 10-15 hours per week including your daily practice, attending learning webinars, at-home assignments, self-study, practicum, and mentoring.
Semester 2 Learning Focus
REFINE DELIVERY OF INDIVIDUAL & GROUP EXPERIENCES
While therapeutic yoga class teaching skills will continue to be developed, more emphasis will be placed on individual session delivery. By the end of the semester you will have gained confidence in delivering therapeutic yoga therapy experiences to a variety of populations and clients in varied professional settings.
- Practice consensual hands-on and supportive touch intended to support a deeper state of dropping-in and heighten a client’s interoceptive awareness
- Sequence therapeutic yoga class design for specific conditions, populations, and needs
- Develop a repertoire of assisted postures and variations
- Refine verbal skills (cueing and coaching) and dialogue techniques (enquiring and listening) to support clients integrate wisdom arising from their embodied experiences
- Begin using skills to establish an ethically sound practitioner/client relationship including protocol for client intake and assessment.
- Design and deliver contemplative therapeutic yoga classes
LEARNING BLOCK ON SUBTLE BODY
Founded in yogic philosophy, the Subtle Body is the various energetic layers that make up a human being beyond physicality. Through the lens of understanding that humans are multidimensional beings we’ll explore the connection of the subtle body with contemplative practices and their effect on the central nervous system.
- Applying yoga interventions for each area of the chakras and corresponding visceral cavities including key structures of gross anatomy, fascial, marma and nadi pathways
- Exploration of yogic views of energy and consciousness as they intersect with western anatomical and allopathic views of the body
- Deepening understanding of the koshas as layers of form and consciousness and various yoga interventions for each layer
- The effect of trauma on the nervous system and the importance of including the body in healing trauma - introduction to polyvagal theory
- Eudaimonia: Faith in the human potential to grow beyond an acceptable state of wellness into bliss or flourishing
IMPORTANT DETAILS OF YOGA THERAPY CONCENTRATED TRAINING & PRACTICUM: SEMESTERS 2
Completion of Semester 1
$6,000 includes Semester 2 with one 8 day in-person retreat, all webinars, practicum, and mentoring
*save $600 if you pay in full by July 15, 2022; see payment options
Additional Fees: travel to Estes Park, room/board, books and and professional sessions received
SAVE MORE BY BUNDLING
PRYT CERTIFIED LEVEL 1 & 2 PACKAGE
$11,500 includes Semesters 1 & 2 with two 8 day in-person retreats, all webinars, practicum, and mentoring
*Save $1,150 if you pay in full by February 15, 2022; see payment options
FULL PRYT YOGA THERAPIST TRAINING PACKAGE
$17,000 includes Semesters 1-4 with four 8 day in-person retreats, all webinars, practicum, and mentoring
*Save $1,700 if you pay in full by February 15, 2022; see payment options
Semester 2 is a six month course and may be taken without commitment to continue to Semesters 3 & 4. It begins with an 8 day in-person residential retreat (attendance required) in Estes Park, Colorado followed by weekly webinars (mostly weeknights with occasional weekend days), assignments, practicum and mentoring.
Next Semester 2: October 2022 through April 2023
Residential Retreat in Colorado: October 22, 2022 through October 29, 2022
Semester 1 must be taken before Semester 2.
PRYT faculty members are leaders in the field and current practicing professionals in various health care settings.
Those who successfully complete Semester 2 will receive the certificate PRYT Certified Level 2 and be eligible to present as CEUs to professional associations.
Yoga Teachers who have an RYT200 certificate will be eligible to add RYT300 (becoming RYT500).
For completion and certification, students are required to be active participants in all webinars, both 8 day in-person residential retreats in Colorado, reading/writing/home study assignments, and satisfactory practicum delivery.
Attendance and active participation is required in all live webinars and at both 8 day in-person residential retreats in Colorado. Make-up options are available (additional fee may apply).