ON PAUSE: IAYT ACCREDITED PRYT YOGA THERAPY TRAINING PROGRAM
We're temporarily pausing our 2-year IAYT ACCREDITED PRYT Yoga Therapy Training Program to thoroughly assess and enhance its direction.
In the meantime, we highly recommend you join us for an exciting new offering: Bridge from Body to Soul: Applying the PRYT Method for Yoga and Mental Health Professionals. This 8 week online intensive course is designed for you: yoga and mental health professionals aiming to revolutionize your work by integrating the fundamental techniques of PRYT into your existing practice. Earn a certificate in Phoenix Rising Yoga Therapy Fundamentals as well as CEs for IAYT, Yoga Alliance and other professions.
Stay informed and share your preferences through this FORM. Thank you for being part of this transformative journey.
The description of Semesters 3&4 below are reflective of as the course was historical designed.
Semester 3 and 4 each begin with an 8 day in-person residential intensive where you will augment hands-on, touch, and verbal skills for concentrated delivery of the PRYT Method. We will help you set yourself up for success in your home-based practicum and mentoring that follows.
- 16 full days intensive training - 9 days each Semester
- 12 months of weekly online yoga therapy training webinars including subjects such as:
- Life Mentoring
- Group Facilitator Training
- Basics of Ayurveda
- Yoga Therapy for Couples
- Purposefully focused at-home assignments
- Home-based mentored practicum in which you will deliver 2-3 hours per week of individual and group yoga therapy experiences (in person and online)
- Share videos and self evaluations and receive impactful feedback from faculty and mentors
- Commitment to a daily yoga and meditation practice
- Receive mentoring in facilitating an 8 week yoga therapy group
- Engage in case studies for a final capstone project
In semester 3, allow 10-15 hours per week for study assignments, webinars and practicum. In semester 4, you are encouraged to dedicate more time to your case studies, capstone project, delivery of an 8 week group, and strategic career planning.
AREAS OF STUDY INCLUDED IN THIS YEAR
Support clients facing significant life challenges and/or a desire for change move toward greater health and well-being through a life mentoring process that includes client homework, follow up, and accountability
YOGA THERAPY GROUP FACILITATION
- Learn to facilitate group sharing circles
- Practice giving contemplative talks for use in groups and workshops
- Plan, market and facilitate an eight week group workshop based on the 8 Themes of PRYT as outlined in the book Turn Stress into Bliss by Michael Lee
- Apply PRYT Method in workshop design
YOGA THERAPY FOR COUPLES
- Facilitate people in committed relationships to experience
deeper connection, greater awareness and understanding, more intimacy and meaningful communication using partner yoga and two way embodied dialogue
- Develop a repertoire of partner yoga experiences to lead
BASICS OF AYURVEDA
- Gain an understanding of Ayurveda including its history and philosophy
- Explore through experience and lecture how asana practice and mudras can be used to balance the doshas (organizing energies) and gunas (qualities)
- Learn and apply Ayurvedic self care for your own health and well-being
- Enjoy simple, fun Ayurvedic cooking instruction
BUILD YOUR CAREER
The intention for your final year of yoga therapy training is to provide opportunities for you to build confidence in yourself professionally and reinforce the value of your work. We believe it is critical to your success to develop the ability to articulate the work you do and network with other professionals or those in position to hire you.
- Be encouraged to explore specialty areas of focus and find your ‘niche’ in the marketplace
- Gain research literacy from guest speakers experienced in yoga research
- Execute, report and share research focused case studies suitable for presentation in a professional setting
- Prepare and present a final capstone project demonstrating the impact your work has had on clients
RIGHT LIVELIHOOD BUSINESS PLANNING
Whether your plan is to have private yoga therapy practice, work as a contractor/employee in a health care or educational setting, you’ll have a far greater chance of success by creating an intentional plan. A business plan that lines up with your dharma, values, principles and goals.
- Define your values and professional/personal mission statement
- Write a business plan that gives equal emphasis on your personal, professional and financial goals.
- Design and execute simple/smart/ethical business practices for record keeping, marketing, and financial planning
- Learn how to write proposals and get them to the right people for work in health institutions or educational organizations
- PRYT Essentials Workshop
- Completion of Semesters 1 and 2 OR PRYT600 OR MHP500
AND one of the following:
- 200 hour Yoga Teacher Certification with 1 year of yoga teaching experience*
Relevant Professional Health Care License (ie: psychotherapist, physical therapist, occupational therapist, massage, etc.)
*Required if you wish to apply to International Association of Yoga Therapists for C-IAYT once training is completed.
Not available at this time.
Semesters 3 & 4 comprise a one year program and therefore must be taken in tandem. Each semester begins with an 8 day learning intensive held each followed by weekly webinars (mostly weeknights with occasional weekend days), and assignments, practicum and mentoring.
PRYT faculty members are leaders in the field and current practicing professionals in various health care settings. To enrich the learning we bring in guest teachers who have a depth of knowledge and experience in specific fields or areas of study.
Those who successfully complete Semesters 3 & 4 will receive the certificate PRYT Certified Yoga Therapist and be eligible to present for certification to the International Association of Yoga Therapists (IAYT).
For completion and certification, students are required to be active participants in all scheduled learning webinars, assignments and satisfactory practicum delivery. (10% allowance is given for class absence)
In case a class must be missed, make-up options are available (additional fee may apply).
Certificate will be awarded upon completion of all academic requirements and all financial obligations met.