Prerequisite: Completion of Semesters 1 & 2
$7,500 includes Semesters 3 & 4, with two 8 day in-person retreats, all webinars, practicum, and mentoring.
See payment options below.
Design and execute your vision for right livelihood.
By the end of these two semesters, you will have achieved a level of readiness to take your new business into the world and bring your gift to those who need it.
This is the path to becoming a PRYT Certified Yoga Therapist and qualifying for C-IAYT.
Made up of two six month semesters (one year), the majority of study continues online but includes two 8 day in-person residential retreats in Estes Park, Colorado - one in April and one in October.
Each 8 day in-person residential retreat is followed by:
- 5 ½ months of weekly online yoga therapy training webinars
- Purposefully focused at-home assignments
- Commitment to a daily yoga and meditation practice
- Home-based practicum in which you will continue to deliver 2-4 hours per week of individual or group yoga therapy experiences with expanded scope: working with couples and life mentoring
- Continue to share video and self evaluation and receive impactful feedback from faculty and mentors
In Semester 4 you will also:
- Facilitate an 8 week yoga therapy group
- Enroll clients to work with you in case studies for a final capstone project
Time Commitment: In semester 3, continue to allow 10-15 hours per week for study assignments, webinars and practicum. In semester 4, you are encouraged to dedicate more time to your case studies, capstone project, and strategic career planning.
Semester 3 Learning Focus
EXPAND YOUR SCOPE TO INCLUDE WORKING WITH COUPLES & LIFE MENTORING
- Support clients facing significant life challenges and/or a desire for change move toward greater health and well-being through a life mentoring process that includes client homework, follow up, and accountability
- Facilitate people in committed relationships to experience deeper connection, greater awareness and understanding, more intimacy and meaningful communication using partner yoga and two way embodied dialogue
- Develop a repertoire of partner yoga experiences to lead
- Artfully weave the PRYT Method with other styles of yoga you may be trained in
LEARNING BLOCK IN AYURVEDA
- Explore through experience and lecture how asana practice and mudras can be used to balance the doshas (organizing energies) and gunas (qualities)
- Learn and apply Ayurvedic self care for your own health and well-being
- Gain an understanding of Ayurveda including the history and philosophy
- Simple, fun Ayurvedic cooking instruction
Semester 4 Learning Focus
EXPAND YOUR SCOPE TO INCLUDE GROUP WORKSHOP FACILITATION
- Plan, market and facilitate an eight week group workshop based on the 8 Themes of PRYT as outlined in the book Turn Stress into Bliss by Michael Lee
- Learn to apply PRYT Method in workshop design
- Practice giving contemplative talks for use in groups and workshops
PROFESSIONAL STRENGTH BUILDING
The intention of this final semesters is to provide opportunities to build confidence in yourself professionally and reinforce the value of your work. It’s important to develop the ability to articulate your work and network with other professionals or those in position to hire you.
- Gain research literacy from guest speakers experienced in yoga research
- Execute, report and share research focused case studies suitable for presentation in a professional setting
- Prepare and present a final capstone project demonstrating the impact your work has had on clients
CAREER & BUSINESS PLANNING
- Write your business plan
- Set up simple business practices for record keeping, marketing, and financial planning.
- Learn how to write proposals and get them to the right people for work in health institutions or educational organizations
IMPORTANT DETAILS OF CAREER BUILDING: EXPANDING YOUR SCOPE: SEMESTERS 3 & 4
Completion of Semesters 1 & 2
$7,500 includes Semesters 3 & 4, with two 8 day in-person retreats, all webinars, practicum, and mentoring
*save $750 if you pay in full by Feb 15, 2023; see payment options
Additional Fees: travel to Estes Park, room/board, books and and professional sessions received
SAVE MORE BY BUNDLING
FULL PRYT YOGA THERAPIST TRAINING PACKAGE
$17,000 includes Semesters 1-4 with four 8 day in-person retreats, all webinars, practicum, and mentoring
*Save $1,700 if you pay in full by February 15, 2022; see payment options
Semesters 3 & 4 comprise a one year program and therefore must be taken in tandem. Each semester begins with an 8 day in-person residential retreat in Estes Park, Colorado (attendance required, one in April and one in October) each followed by weekly webinars (mostly weeknights with occasional weekend days), assignments, practicum and mentoring.
Start Date: April 2023
End Date: April 2024
Residential Retreats in Colorado: April 2023 & October 2023
PRYT faculty members are leaders in the field and current practicing professionals in various health care settings.
Those who successfully complete Semesters 3 & 4 will receive the certificate PRYT Certified Yoga Therapist and be eligible to present for certification to the International Association of Yoga Therapists (IAYT).
For completion and certification, students are required to be active participants in all webinars, the four 8 day on-site residential retreats in Colorado, reading/writing/home study assignments, and satisfactory practicum delivery.
Attendance and active participation is required in all live webinars and at all 8 day in-person residential retreats in Colorado. Make-up options are available (additional fee may apply).