Foundations in Yoga Therapy & PRYT Method
Prerequisites: Completion of PRYT Essentials Workshop and one of the following: 200 hour Yoga Teacher Certification with 1 year of yoga teaching experience OR Relevant Professional Health Care License (ie: psychotherapist, physical therapist, occupational therapist, massage, etc.)
$6000 includes Semester 1 with one 8 day in-person intensive, all webinars, practicum, and mentoring.
See payment options below.
If your goal is to become a yoga therapist, your journey begins here.
If your goal is to add yoga therapy skills to your current professional work, take this semester with no obligation to continue.
Earn PRYT Certified Level 1 status upon completion of this semester.
Build a yoga therapy foundation for deeper understanding, experience and delivery of the Phoenix Rising Yoga Therapy (PRYT) Method.
We start yoga therapy training semester 1 with an 8 day in-person intensive in Colorado where we will engage in experiential, hands-on and didactic learning of the PRYT Method.
The 8 day in-person residential intensive is followed by:
- 5 ½ months of weekly online yoga therapy training webinars
- Purposefully focused at-home assignments
- Commitment to a daily yoga and meditation practice
- Home-based practicum in which you will lead 14 hours of therapeutic group experiences (online or in-person) and share video and self evaluation to receive feedback and guidance from faculty and mentors.
Time Commitment: Allow a minimum of 8-10 hours per week including your daily practice, attending learning webinars, at-home assignments, self-study, practicum, and mentoring.
Semester 1 Learning Focus
IMMERSION IN THE PRYT METHOD
This psycho-physical experience provides a portal to the deeper realm of knowing beyond consciousness and guides clients in accepting and applying that awareness to daily life.
Difficult to explain, yet deeply felt when engaged, experience the magic of this process by both facilitating and receiving as you learn to deliver the six phases of the PRYT Method. Gain skills to facilitate the process individually and in group classes:
Here you will:
- Assist clients in opening to transformational opportunities through attunement to their own inner guidance
- Provide safe, verbal direction integrated within your current scope of work
- Develop confidence in Playing the Edge which helps clients safely embrace deep physical sensation and tap into profound embodied insight and wisdom
- Deliver therapeutic yoga classes supporting quality experiences for students at many different levels at the same time
- Provide a dual process experience: safe, verbal, direction for movement with a second focus on embodied, introspective, self-inquiry
- Gain basic comfort and ease with various forms of touch, obtain ongoing informed consent, and become clear on the intention for each type of touch
LEARNING BLOCK IN ANATOMY & PHYSIOLOGY
Study how the mind and body work together and how to facilitate safety for any condition. Understanding the structure of the human body increases your ability to protect clients from injury and helps increase your ability to give sound instruction. Deepening knowledge of the body-mind connection, neural pathways and neural plasticity is important in understanding the potential impact of the work you are doing. Anatomy and Physiology will be delivered as a concentrated learning block during the first semester and then built on in other semesters.
Here you will:
- Gain familiarity with anatomy and physiology in order to support leading yoga experiences with sound anatomical and safety considerations
- Learn key relationships between structures, systems, and functions of the body, anatomical alignment considerations, and cautions and contraindications of many physical conditions
- Explore the relationship of yoga asana, movement, meditation, and breathing, with the intention of encouraging a sense of wonder and curiosity about the miracle of the human body
- Build anatomical literacy for conversation and referrals with other health care professionals
LEARNING BLOCK IN YOGA & TRANSFORMATIONAL PHILOSOPHIES
Dive into deep exploration of transformational contemplative philosophies through the lens of your own personal life and your role as a yoga therapist and teacher. Our work together will be experiential and personal in nature as well. In group discussion and self-study, we’ll connect the teachings to our own values, boundaries and ethics as we ask, “Have we done our own work in order to be present to the needs of those we serve?”
Here you will:
- Apply ancient wisdom to modern life - giving you a clearer reference for what matters in your life and those you serve
- Study our PRYT roots in yoga Vedanta as well as other Eastern philosophies including the Buddha dharma
- Dive into traditional Indian texts like the Bhagavad Gita, the Yoga Sutras and the Dhammapada
- Study yoga philosophy, Buddhism, and principles of contemporary psychology that harmonize with those teachings
- Cross reference the connection between ancient philosophies and paradigms that underlie the elements of contemporary psychology that inform our practices
- Deepen your understanding of the philosophical underpinnings of transformation
IMPORTANT DETAILS OF FOUNDATIONS IN YOGA THERAPY & PRYT METHOD: SEMESTER 1
Completion of PRYT Essentials Workshop and one of the following: 200 hour Yoga Teacher Certification with 1 year of yoga teaching experience OR Relevant Professional Health Care License (ie: psychotherapist, physical therapist, occupational therapist, massage, etc.)
$6,000 includes Semester 1 with one 8 day in-person intensive, all webinars, practicum, and mentoring
*Save $600 if you pay in full by February 15; see payment options
Additional Fees: travel to Colorado, room/board, books and and professional sessions received
SAVE MORE BY BUNDLING
PRYT CERTIFIED LEVEL 2 PACKAGE
$11,500 includes Semesters 1 & 2 with two 8 day in-person intensives, all webinars, practicum, and mentoring
*Save $1,150 if you pay in full by February 15; see payment options
FULL PRYT YOGA THERAPIST TRAINING PACKAGE
$17,000 includes Semesters 1-4 with four 8 day in-person intensives, all webinars, practicum, and mentoring
*Save $1,700 if you pay in full by February 15; see payment options
Semester 1 is a six month course and may be taken without commitment to continue to the next semesters. It begins with an 8 day in-person residential intensive (attendance required) in Colorado followed by weekly webinars (mostly weeknights with occasional weekend days), assignments, practicum and mentoring.
Upcoming Semester 1: April 2023
Residential Intensive in Colorado: TBD April 2023
PRYT faculty members are leaders in the field and current practicing professionals in various health care settings.
Those who successfully complete Semester 1 will receive the certificate PRYT Yoga Therapy Certified Level 1 and be eligible to present as CEUs to professional associations.
For completion and certification, students are required to be active participants in all webinars, the 8 day in-person residential retreat in Colorado, reading/writing/home study assignments, and satisfactory practicum delivery.
Attendance and active participation is required in all live webinars and at the 8 day in-person residential retreat. Make-up options are available (additional fee may apply).
Certification is not considered complete and Certificate will not be mailed until after complete payment of all financial obligations, including any fees, in addition to completion of all academic program requirements.