Phoenix Rising Foundational Course – Level 1
Duration: 4 days
Schedule: 8:30am-5:30pm daily
In Level 1, you will be introduced to the principles and practice of Phoenix Rising Yoga. Much of the learning is experiential, including how to apply techniques for assisting clients in yoga therapy postures. You will also gain an understanding of each posture’s metaphysical significance and how it is used to support the transformation process. Precautions, physical benefits, counter postures, variations, preparation, and transitions are also covered. You will learn how to guide clients in a body scan to determine areas of tension and freedom and general guidelines for yoga therapy sessions.
- Introduction to fundamental techniques of Phoenix Rising Yoga Therapy.
- Assisted posture technique and practice.
- Metaphysical and physical aspects of assisted postures.
- Preparation, benefits, precautions, variations, counter postures, and transitions for one-on-one practice.
- Theory of transformational bodywork from a yogic perspective.
- Introduction to the Phoenix Rising Yoga Therapy dialogue process.
- Guiding and processing a client body scan using the Phoenix Rising Yoga Therapy approach.
- A complete experience of a Phoenix Rising Yoga Class using the PRYT Dual Process Teaching Method.
UPCOMING LEVEL 1 COURSES
September 28 – October 2, 2017 – Southern CA – led by Michael Lee & Soleil Hepner
September 30-October 3, 2017 – Charleston, SC – led by Lyn Tally
October 26-29, 2017 – Denver, CO – led by Bev Johnson
January 12-15, 2018 – Charleston, SC – led by Lyn Tally
Visit the full Training Schedule for more courses.
If you have any questions, please call us at (800) 288-YOGA(9642) or (802) 453-6444.