Phoenix Rising Essentials (Level 1)
Yoga Therapy as a Catalyst for Empowering Life Change
Duration: 4 days (4 days back to back, or taken in 1 and 2 segments).
Schedule: typically 8:30am-5:30pm daily
The Phoenix Rising Method™ expertly blends the best of yoga, mindfulness, and talk therapy for a totally unique approach.
In Phoenix Rising Essentials (Level 1), you will learn to skillfully guide others to align the wisdom of their body and mind in an individualized direct experience. Discover how to be a catalyst for powerful change through this research-backed, body-centered approach to clear insight and life-changing action.
This course utilizes both cognitive and experiential approaches to learning and focuses on the development of knowledge, skills and awareness. It will include presentations, group discussion, guided experiences, and an elementary application of the practice.
This course may be offered or taken as Day 1 only, Days 1 & 2 only or Days 1-4 (complete course) as outlined below. Students who complete one of the shorter options will be able to attend a later session of the four-day course at a discounted rate.
- Gain an understanding of the Phoenix Rising Method™ and its paradigm of life change based on the intersection of Yoga, Buddhism, Psychology and Neuroscience.
- Learn how to engage body awareness with present centered focus as a vehicle for engaging body insight and wisdom.
- Explore safe touch, assisted yoga, self presence and focused awareness, and understand how embodied presence facilitates life changing action.
- Refine hands on skills to guide clients to a state of embodied, present centered awareness and learn the distinction between this and narrative referencing.
- Explore Rogerian concepts that apply in the PR Method and their application in the facilitation of a body centered approach.
- Learn and apply listening and responding skills to deepen awareness and insight.
Days 3 and 4:
- Engage practice exchanges to further refine skills with deeper awareness and presence.
- Expand knowledge and skills required for safe and effective facilitation of assisted and unassisted embodied yoga experiences.
- Practice and refine dialog skills to deepen embodied awareness and connect clients body experience to life experience.
- Yoga Therapy Training Level 2 to continue a Therapy Certification Program, OR
- Teacher Training Module A: Dual Process to continue a Teacher Training Program
April 14-17, 2018 – Discount Deadline: 2/13/18 – hOMe Collective, Denver, CO – led by Bev Johnson
June 1-4, 2018 – Discount Deadline: 4/2/18 – Soul Yoga, Charleston, SC – led by Lyn Tally
June 8-11, 2018 – Discount Deadline: 4/9/18 – Sruti/Phoenix Rising Center, Great Barrington, MA – led by Alex Bauermeister
July 21-24, 2018 – Discount Deadline: 5/20/18 – hOMe Collective, Denver, CO – led by Bev Johnson
July 28-31, 2018 – Discount Deadline: 5/29/18 – Sruti/Phoenix Rising Center, Great Barrington, MA – led by Alex Bauermeister
Sept 8-11 – Encinitas, CA – led by Soleil Hepner visit the San Diego page to sign up for the waitlist
Sept 15&16, 2018 (2 day intro) – Discount Deadline: 7/21/18 – H-OM Yoga Center, Montreal, QB – led by Michael Lee
October 18-21, 2018 – Discount Deadline: 8/23/18 – hOMe Collective, Denver, CO – led by Bev Johnson
February 16-19, 2019 – Discount Deadline: 12/22/2018 – Sruti/Phoenix Rising Center, Great Barrington, MA – led by Alex Bauermeister
September 26-29, 2019 – Yoga United, London, United Kingdom – led by Michael Lee
Visit the full Training Schedule for more courses.
If you have any questions, please call us at (800) 288-YOGA(9642) or (802) 453-6444.