- This event has passed.
Workshop: Working with Couples
December 3 - December 4$275
Explore the unique benefits of connecting partners using presence, awareness, acceptance, and non-attachment.
In this workshop, you will learn how to get clients out of their thinking minds and into their bodies – guiding them from past and future ‘story’ directly into the present moment experience. The PRYT Yoga Therapy approach provides a natural body-oriented application that you can easily use with your clients.
Schedule: Saturday & Sunday December 3 & 4, 9am-2pm ET
Special Saturday workshop event: Phoenix Rising Yoga Partner Yoga Class: Invite a partner to join you from 12-1:30pmET — You will benefit from observing if you don’t have a partner.
Taught by: Michael Lee, MA, Dip.T., Dip.Soc. Sci, C-IAYT, E-RYT500 and Sarah Kaczor Greco, MA, C-IAYT, E-RYT500
CE hrs: 9
This workshop will benefit:
- Yoga therapists and yoga teachers who work with or want to work with partners and couples. (Earn CE credits.)
- Marriage and family therapists, social workers, and other mental health professionals — must have yoga experience. (CE credits – Check with your professional board)
- Others with yoga experience interested in exploring working with couples using embodied techniques within their scope of practice as a professional.
You will learn to facilitate:
- transitions into embodied work
- gentle yoga movement safe for all levels
- repertoire of easy to guide embodied partner experiences
- a dialogue process following the embodied experiences
- partner yoga postures and guided inquiry within your own scope of practice as a professional
- take-home practices for clients to give them greater capacity to celebrate differences, resolve conflicts, and above all, strengthen bonds