Schedule: Saturday & Sunday December 3 & 4, 9am-2pm ET
Special Saturday workshop event: Phoenix Rising Yoga Partner Yoga Class: Invite a partner to join you from 12-1:30pmET -- You will benefit from observing if you don't have a partner.
Taught by: Michael Lee, MA, Dip.T., Dip.Soc. Sci, C-IAYT, E-RYT500 and Sarah Kaczor Greco, MA, C-IAYT, E-RYT500
This workshop will benefit:
- Yoga therapists and yoga teachers who work with or want to work with partners and couples. (Earn CE credits.)
- Marriage and family therapists, social workers, and other mental health professionals -- must have yoga experience. (CE credits - Check with your professional board)
- Others with yoga experience interested in exploring working with couples using embodied techniques within their scope of practice as a professional.
CE Hours: 9 hours live online
Explore the unique benefits of connecting partners using presence, awareness, acceptance, and non-attachment.
It’s true that couples therapy may be the hardest form of therapy, and many professionals need more tailored strategies in order to provide impactful and effective sessions.
In this workshop, you will learn how to get clients out of their thinking minds and into their bodies - guiding them from past and future ‘story’ directly into the present moment experience. The PRYT Yoga Therapy approach provides a natural body-oriented application that you can easily use with your clients.
You will learn to facilitate:
- transitions into embodied work
- gentle yoga movement safe for all levels
- repertoire of easy to guide embodied partner experiences
- a dialogue process following the embodied experiences
- partner yoga postures and guided inquiry within your own scope of practice as a professional
- take-home practices for clients to give them greater capacity to celebrate differences, resolve conflicts, and above all, strengthen bonds