Our Online Yoga Therapy Essentials is an immersion into the Phoenix Rising Method over the course of 4 interactive webinars, one individualized yoga therapy session, and a daily practice for learning. Phoenix Rising Yoga Therapy uses present-centered embodied awareness established through the use of yoga postures, hands-on assists, and therapeutic dialogue to facilitate growth and healing. Learn to skillfully guide a process that brings clients into a state of self-awareness and inner presence, into the well of wisdom inside of themselves.
I have gained more questions, and a variety of tools to help explore those questions with curiosity, trust, and gentleness.
- Raylen Williams
Yoga Therapy Essentials Course Objective
Gain deep understanding of the Phoenix Rising Method™ and its paradigm of life change based on the intersection of Yoga, Buddhism, Psychology, and Neuroscience.
What to expect in this yoga therapy course:
- Introductory knowledge of what is yoga therapy with several valuable yoga and meditation tools that offer great impact and can be used right away.
- Aquire the skills to facilitate mind-body practices that guide others into the direct experience of their bodies with a profound state of awareness.
Who can benefit from Yoga Therapy Essentials: yoga therapists, yoga teachers, mental health professionals, physical therapists, physicians, nurses, occupational therapist, massage therapists, and others who want to gain greater insight into the mind-body connection.
Is this course right for me?
- Are you a yoga teacher looking to incorporate therapeutic tools into your classes?
- Are you a mental health professional who would like to weave yogic principles into your practice with clients?
- Would you like to widen your view, expand your toolkit, and feel more confident in your work?
Hours: 16 hours online
Continuing Education: CEUs of 16 credits are available for IAYT and Yoga Alliance and may be available for MFTs, Psychologists, Social Workers, (Chemical Dependency) Counselors, and Nurses. Request information when you register.
Prerequisites: Previous yoga experience recommended
Recommended Reading: Phoenix Rising Yoga Therapy: A Bridge from Body to Soul by Michael Lee