Phoenix Rising Yoga Therapy Essentials
Yoga Therapy as a Catalyst for Empowering Life Change
Phoenix Rising Yoga Therapy catalyzes powerful change by bridging the gap between yoga and mind-body psychology. This form of mind-body therapy uses yoga postures, hands-on assists, and therapeutic dialogue to facilitate growth and healing. Clients are gently guided through a meditation that brings them to a state of self awareness and inner presence, from which profound wisdom can arise. The result is clear insight and a practical, action-based approach to lasting life change.
In this introductory intensive, you will gain greater insight into the mind-body connection and learn to skillfully apply the tools of yoga in an individualized direct experience.
This course is ideal for Yoga Therapists, Yoga Teachers, Mental Health Professionals, and others who want to empower students and clients to create more powerful, meaningful, and fulfilling lives in both classroom and practice environments.
PHOENIX RISING ESSENTIALS
Overall goal: Gain deep understanding of the Phoenix Rising Method™ and its paradigm of life change based on the intersection of Yoga, Buddhism, Psychology, and Neuroscience.
- Learn the distinction between present-centered awareness (direct experience) and narrative referencing, and why this distinction is essential from a neuroscientific perspective.
- Learn skills to engage others in direct experience through the body so that they can immerse themselves into a profound state of awareness.
- Acquire tools to engage others in integrated mind-body practices, such as safe touch, loving presence, embodied engagement, assisted yoga, and focused awareness.
- Gain understanding of the process of change.
- Explore the interaction of the body, breath, mind, intellect, and emotions.
- Learn to create a safe container through presence, dialogue, and touch.
- Acquire tools for effective dialogue, empathetic listening, and body-mind integration that leads to life changing action, and an understanding of how to apply this approach in your own classes or private practice.
Continuing Education Available for this course:
Continuing Education of 8 credits per day may be available for MFTs, Psychologists, Social Workers, (Chemical Dependency) Counselors, and Nurses. Please request information when you register.
Hours: 16 hours total
Duration: 2 days
Schedule: typically 8:30am-5:30pm daily
Prerequisites: Some prior yoga class experience.
Recommended Reading: Phoenix Rising Yoga Therapy: A Bridge from Body to Soul by Michael Lee
Note: we are transitioning from a Four Day (Part I & Part II) format in 2020. Details for the remaining four-day courses are: $650 tuition, 32 hours total over 4 days, same schedule.
Hear from faculty and students in this course about the training experience in this 2 minute video on The Power of Phoenix Rising Yoga Therapy.
Four day format:
December 5-8, 2019 – Salisbury, MD – led by Jennifer Mitchell
February 8-9, 2020 – Phoenix Rising, Great Barrington, MA – led by Michael Lee
February 22-23, 2020 – Meet Me on 33rd, Salt Lake City, UT – led by Michael Lee
March 21-22, 2020 – hOMe Collective, Denver, CO – led by Bev Johnson
April 4-5 – Full Body Fitness & Yoga, Florence, KY – led by Jennifer Mitchell
May 2-3, 2020 – Soul of Yoga, Encinitas, CA – led by Soleil Hepner
September 26-27, 2020 – hOMe Collective, Denver, CO – led by Bev Johnson
See Japan location page for dates in Japan and link to Host Studio site for registration.
Dates in Taipei, Taiwan and elsewhere are to be determined.
If you have any questions, please call us at (800) 288-YOGA(9642) or (802) 453-6444.