Phoenix Rising Yoga Therapy Essentials
Yoga Therapy as a Catalyst for Empowering Life Change
Phoenix Rising Yoga Therapy catalyzes powerful change by bridging the gap between yoga and mind-body psychology. This form of mind-body therapy uses yoga postures, hands-on assists, and therapeutic dialogue to facilitate growth and healing. Clients are gently guided through a meditation that brings them to a state of self awareness and inner presence, from which profound wisdom can arise. The result is clear insight and a practical, action-based approach to lasting life change.
In this introductory intensive, you will gain greater insight into the mind-body connection and learn to skillfully apply the tools of yoga in an individualized direct experience.
This course is ideal for Yoga Therapists, Yoga Teachers, Mental Health Professionals, and others who want to empower students and clients to create more powerful, meaningful, and fulfilling lives in both classroom and practice environments.
PHOENIX RISING ESSENTIALS
Overall goal: Gain deep understanding of the Phoenix Rising Method™ and its paradigm of life change based on the intersection of Yoga, Buddhism, Psychology, and Neuroscience.
- Learn the distinction between present-centered awareness (direct experience) and narrative referencing, and why this distinction is essential from a neuroscientific perspective.
- Learn skills to engage others in direct experience through the body so that they can immerse themselves into a profound state of awareness.
- Acquire tools to engage others in integrated mind-body practices, such as safe touch, loving presence, embodied engagement, assisted yoga, and focused awareness.
- Gain understanding of the process of change.
- Explore the interaction of the body, breath, mind, intellect, and emotions.
- Learn to create a safe container through presence, dialogue, and touch.
- Acquire tools for effective dialogue, empathetic listening, and body-mind integration that leads to life changing action, and an understanding of how to apply this approach in your own classes or private practice.
Continuing Education Available for this course:
Continuing Education of 8 credits per day may be available for MFTs, Psychologists, Social Workers, (Chemical Dependency) Counselors, and Nurses. Please request information when you register.
Hours: 16 hours total
Schedule: Online schedule is typically Sat/Sun for 4.5 hrs each (with lunch break if relevant), a Wednesday evening for 1-2hrs, and a final Saturday for 4.5 hrs. Time of day may be different for each month to accommodate the convenience of differing time zones.
Prerequisites: Some prior yoga class experience.
Recommended Reading: Phoenix Rising Yoga Therapy: A Bridge from Body to Soul by Michael Lee
Hear from faculty and students in this course about the training experience in this 2 minute video on The Power of Phoenix Rising Yoga Therapy.
UPCOMING COURSES — ALL 2020 ESSENTIALS COURSES WILL BE ONLINE
Led by Michael Lee with a Faculty Team
July 18-25 (primary time zone: Pacific)
August 21-28 in US; 22-29 in Asia (primary time zone: Asia, Australia)
September 12-19 (primary time zone: Mountain)
October 17-25 (primary time zone: Eastern)
November 28-December 5 (hosted online by Yoga United, London UK; registration via host studio)
See Japan location page for dates in Japan and link to Host Studio site for registration.
Please contact us if you are interested in hosting an Essentials course in your area.
If you have any questions, please call us at (800) 288-YOGA(9642) or (802) 453-6444.