Phoenix Rising Essentials
Yoga Therapy as a Catalyst for Empowering Life Change
Tuition: $650 for both Parts taken together; $350 for each Part taken separately
Hours: 32 hours total; 16 hours each Part
Duration: 4 days (both Parts) or two 2-day segments
Schedule: typically 8:30am-5:30pm daily
Recommended Reading: Phoenix Rising Yoga Therapy: A Bridge from Body to Soul by Michael Lee
Available in: Great Barrington, MA | Denver, CO | Charleston, SC | Encinitas, CA | Tokyo, Japan
Also in 2019: Rochester, NY | San Francisco, CA | Toronto, ON | London, United Kingdom | Taipei, Taiwan
Dates at end of page.
Phoenix Rising Yoga Therapy catalyzes powerful change by bridging the gap between yoga and mind-body psychology. This form of mind-body therapy uses yoga postures, hands-on assists, and therapeutic dialogue to facilitate growth and healing. Clients are gently guided through a meditation that brings them to a state of self awareness and inner presence, from which profound wisdom can arise. The result is clear insight and a practical, action-based approach to lasting life change.
In these two introductory intensives, you will gain greater insight into the mind-body connection and learn to skillfully apply the tools of yoga in an individualized direct experience.
This course is ideal for Yoga Therapists, Yoga Teachers, Mental Health Professionals, and others who want to empower students and clients to create more powerful, meaningful, and fulfilling lives in both classroom and practice environments.
Part I must be completed before taking Part II. We strongly recommend taking both Part I and Part II within 12-18 months to ensure maximum integration, and to build a truly solid foundation in the essential skills, knowledge, and direct experience of Phoenix Rising Yoga Therapy.
PHOENIX RISING ESSENTIALS PART I (16 hours)
Overall goal: Gain deep understanding of the Phoenix Rising Method™ and its paradigm of life change based on the intersection of Yoga, Buddhism, Psychology, and Neuroscience.
- Learn the distinction between present-centered awareness (direct experience) and narrative referencing, and why this distinction is essential from a neuroscientific perspective.
- Learn skills to engage others in direct experience through the body so that they can immerse themselves into a profound state of awareness.
- Acquire tools to engage others in integrated mind-body practices, such as safe touch, loving presence, embodied engagement, assisted yoga, and focused awareness.
PHOENIX RISING ESSENTIALS PART II (16 hours)
Prerequisite: ESSENTIALS PART I
Overall goal: In Essentials Part II, you will learn how to weave the skills and knowledge from Essentials Part I into a more seamless flow.
- Gain understanding of the process of change.
- Explore the interaction of the body, breath, mind, intellect, and emotions.
- Learn to create a safe container through presence, dialogue, and touch.
- Acquire tools for effective dialogue, empathetic listening, and body-mind integration that leads to life changing action, and an understanding of how to apply this approach in your own classes or private practice.
Continuing Education Available for this course:
Continuing Education of 8 credits per day may be available for MFTs, Psychologists, Social Workers, (Chemical Dependency) Counselors, and Nurses. Click here to register and pay for your CEs. Note: This will take you to a separate site.
- Yoga Therapy Training Level 2 to continue a Therapy Certification Program, OR
- Teacher Training Module A: Dual Process to continue a Teacher Training Program
both Part I and Part II offered back-to-back unless otherwise noted; may be taken separately, as well
February 1-4 – Soul Yoga + Wellness, Charleston, SC – led by Michael Lee
February 16-19 – Sruti/Phoenix Rising Center, Great Barrington, MA – led by Michael Lee
April 26-29 – hOMe Collective, Denver, CO – led by Bev Johnson
April 27-30 – Balance Webster, Rochester, NY – led by Michael Lee
May 4-7 – Soul of Yoga Institute, Encinitas, CA – led by Soleil Hepner
June 8-11 – Sruti/Phoenix Rising Center, Great Barrington, MA – led by Michael Lee
June 29-July 2 – Taipei, Taiwan – led by Michael Lee (registration via host studio only)
July 13-16 – Sruti/Phoenix Rising Center, Great Barrington, MA – tbd
July 20-23 – hOMe Collective, Denver, CO – led by Bev Johnson
August 10-13 – Integral Yoga, San Francisco, CA – led by Soleil Hepner (registration via host studio only)
September 7-10 – Balance Webster, Rochester, NY – led by Sarah Greco
September 12-15 – Soul Yoga + Wellness, Charleston, SC – tbd
September 26-29 – Yoga United, London, United Kingdom – led by Michael Lee (registration via host studio only)
October 19-22 – hOMe Collective, Denver, CO – led by Bev Johnson
November 7-10 – Indigo Yoga, Richmond Hill, ON, Canada – led by Michael Lee (registration via host studio only)
November 15-18 – Taipei, Taiwan – led by Michael Lee (registration via host studio only)
See Japan location page for link to Host Studio site for registration.
Visit the full Training Schedule for more courses.
If you have any questions, please call us at (800) 288-YOGA(9642) or (802) 453-6444.