Our intention for creating financial policies is to ensure clear and honest communication about the financial exchange, in the form of tuition, for our training programs. Having a framework for clear and honest communication about finances supports the integrity of this exchange of resources between students and Phoenix Rising. We appreciate your support and understanding in these matters.
These fees cover our administrative processing time for Certificate Program applications and Transfer Credit requests (for courses taken elsewhere; limited availability). The $75 fee is not refundable whether accepted to the program, or given credit, or not.
All deposits are non-refundable but may be transferable-for-up-to-a-year, ONLY when the participant withdraws or transfers at least 7 days before the program start date. Deposits may be used toward another course. Exception: Deposits (for courses not yet taken) are fully refundable if you are not accepted into the program you are applying for.
Full tuition is due for each course 10 days before the start date of that course unless prior arrangements have been made with our business office (see payment plan options below).
Students will not be allowed to attend a course and will be turned away at the door if full tuition payment is outstanding, unless a Payment Contract has been signed and payment method arranged directly with the business office.
Withdrawal Notification Requirement
Course withdrawals must be made either in writing or by phone directly with the Phoenix Rising administrative office in Bristol. Faculty and staff are not authorized to accept withdrawals or transfer requests. See refund policy below for financial details.
Requests to transfer to a later course must be made in writing or by phone directly with the Phoenix Rising administrative office in Bristol. Changes may be made without penalty at any time prior to 60 days before the course start date. After that time, a one-time $25 transfer fee will be assessed ($50 for PR Yoga Therapy Level 3). Course deposits may be transferred one time to another course within one year of the start date. The one-year time period begins on the first day of the original course start date. To apply the deposit, the course transferred to must begin within one year of the start date of the original course start date.
Refund policy for tuition (excludes the non-refundable deposit):
If withdrawal occurs:
- up to 21 business days before start of program – 100% of your tuition balance (less the deposit) will be refunded.
- from 21 days until 7 business days before start of program – 75% of your tuition balance (less the deposit) will be refunded. You may also choose to transfer your funds one time to another course within one year of the start date (less your deposit, and you will be assessed a transfer fee, see above).
- from 6 business days until the start of program – there will be NO REFUND, and you will be responsible for paying the entire balance for that course. You will be allowed to transfer your funds one time to another course within one year of the start date (less your deposit, and you will be assessed a transfer fee, see above).
- after the course starts – there will be no refund AND you will forfeit your deposit AND funds will not be transferable. If you are on a payment plan, you remain obligated to make ALL remaining payments.
Refunds will be issued by check within one month after the request is received in writing or by phone directly with the Phoenix Rising Administrative office in Bristol.
Course “No Shows”
If you do not attend the program for which you are expected and do not give 7 days notice in writing or by phone directly with the Phoenix Rising administrative office in Bristol BEFORE THE COURSE START DATE, your deposit AND any tuition paid for that course will be forfeited and will not be refundable.
Re-enrollment after Course Incompletion
If you do not complete a course but wish to re-enroll in the future, you will need to complete a re-enrollment application. Before your application for re-enrollment can be accepted you must have met all previous financial obligations. At that time, we will consider credit for money paid and work completed.
In the unlikely event of a course cancellation due to low enrollment or other unforeseen circumstances, Phoenix Rising reserves the right to cancel a course up to 10 (TEN) business days prior to the start date of the course.
Payment plan options are available when total tuition balances are greater than $2,000. A $25 payment plan initiation fee AND 25% down payment of the total course cost is required. Your non-refundable deposit can be included in the 25% down payment requirement. A minimum payment of $200 per month is required, and the term can be no greater than 12 (TWELVE) months. Tuition for all course(s) must be complete before your graduate Certificate of Completion can be issued. To receive this option, simply make a request to the Phoenix Rising administrative office.
Returned/Late Payment Fees
A $20 fee will be charged for all returned checks. A $20 fee will be charged for all declined credit/debit card payments from an auto pay set up unless rectified within 48 hours. A $15 late fee will be charged for payments received after the due date.
Discounts may not be combined; only one tuition discount can be applied to any single course tuition. For example, a student receiving a Bundle discount will not also receive an Early Bird discount.
Financial aid forms are available by request. While Phoenix Rising Yoga Therapy wishes to make our work accessible to as many students as possible, our total Financial Aid pool is limited, full scholarships are generally not possible, and we cannot guarantee that we can meet any amount requested. Financial aid will replace any potential discounts rather than being awarded in addition. Students are encouraged not to expect to rely solely on aid from PRYT and to contribute to their tuition to the fullest extent possible from all available sources. We recommend that students also explore financial aid and grant opportunities that may be available through state or other governmental agencies, professional associations, and non-profit grantors.
Tuition does not cover:
- Books (Required for some courses.)
Certification is not considered complete and Certificate will not be mailed until completion of all academic program requirements as well as complete payment of all financial obligations, including fees.
ADDITIONAL FINANCIAL POLICIES
for Supervised Practicum Courses:
Level 3 | Group Facilitator Training | Therapeutic Life Mentoring | Mentoring for Yoga Teachers
Additional Expenses to budget for during a supervised practicum:
- Yoga therapy sessions to be received from Certified Phoenix Rising Yoga Therapists (typically $85-$125 per session) (four sessions required during Level 3)
- Communication charges for consultations with mentor or other faculty
- Rental or purchase of recording equipment if needed
- Additional supervised work, which may be required for certification
- Potential Late fees beyond Quarterly due dates
Potential late fees related to Level 3 during the course are as follows:
- Late or incomplete packets of assignments: A $25 fee may be assessed by the Mentor for late Quarterly completion.
- Late or unacceptable video: If a Final Video is late, inaudible, or otherwise unacceptable, there will be a charge of $75 for each additional video you are required to resubmit.
If a student is asked to complete extra work before being certified, the fee for additional work will be determined by the amount of work and the duration of the additional supervision period.
Practicum Delays and Extensions
Participating in the practicum sections of our courses is a significant commitment of time and energy for mentors, teachers, and administrative staff as well as students. Our staff can be present to a student’s needs and serve them better if student submits completed work by the due dates and completes the course in the allotted time frame. However, we understand that due to unforeseen circumstances, this isn’t always possible. It is our intention to continue to accommodate a student’s needs if they do fluctuate.
PRYT Level 3
Level 3 Midterm not attended with original cohort:
If an emergency arises (or a student is unable to complete the required work in Quarter 2), and a student is unable to attend the Midterm session with their original cohort in the original location, the student may attend the next scheduled midterm. This has a few consequences to be aware of:
- The student’s original Course End Date does not change. Missing the original Midterm is likely to also mean not completing all 4 Quarters prior to the Course End Date. Continuing Quarter work past that date will necessitate entering Extension. See more details below.
- Attending a Midterm that occurs after the original Course End Date will cost 33% of the current regular Level 3 tuition. This fee includes a subsequent 5 months of mentoring to complete Quarters 3 and 4. This fee is in addition to tuition for the Level 3 course in which the student originally enrolled.
We understand that due to unforeseen circumstances, it isn’t always possible to complete a program in a linear fashion. Students therefore have the option to take Hiatus if needed and return to Level 3 at a later time; a student may take a minimum of 1 month of Hiatus and a maximum of 6 months.
Monthly payments being made in accordance with a payment plan contract will continue during any Hiatus period.
Requirements for re-entry to complete Level 3 after a period of Hiatus are determined at the discretion of the Level 3 Course Director in consultation with the student. Additional tuition may be required.
Practicum Incomplete by Course End Date:
A student who is unable to complete the Practicum requirements by the Course End Date may choose to enter Extension in order to complete the course. The minimum extension is one month. A $25 Administrative Fee will be due in order to process entry into Extension. There will be an additional $75 charge for any Final Video Review that occurs during Extension.
Extension requirements and tuition are based upon what Quarter the student has completed by the Course End Date:
- Quarter 2 complete, student is working in Quarter 3 or 4: $250 per calendar month for each of the first three months and $300 per month for additional months. This monthly extension tuition expense will continue until the student completes the course, goes on hiatus or withdraws from the course.
- Quarter 1 complete, student is working in Quarter 2: Student may be required to retake Midterms at 33% of the current regular Level 3 tuition (fee includes residential session plus 5 months of mentoring). Regular monthly Extension fees (above) apply if Mentoring continues prior to the attended Midterm in order to complete Quarter 2; regular monthly Extension fees apply if Mentoring continues past the 5 months included with the Midterm.
- Quarter 1 incomplete: Student may be required to retake both Orientation and Midterms at 50% of the current regular Level 3 tuition (fee includes both residential sessions plus 9 months of mentoring). Regular monthly Extension fees apply if Mentoring continues prior to the attended Orientation; regular monthly Extension fees apply if Mentoring continues past the 9 months included.
Group Facilitator Training
Practicum Incomplete by Course End Date:
A student who is unable to complete the Practicum requirements by the Course End Date may choose to enter Extension in order to complete the course. Extension requirements and tuition are based upon the status of the student’s Practicum Group at the Course End Date:
- For participants whose groups are in progress at course end date, and past the 6th week with video completed, the extension tuition will be a flat rate of $250. This extension tuition covers up to three months of mentoring to reach completion. Extension tuition is due at Course End Date.
- For participants whose groups are scheduled to begin after the end date of the program, and thus whose video is not yet complete, the extension tuition is a flat rate of $500. This extension tuition covers up to six months of mentoring to reach completion and includes the video review. Extension tuition is due at the time student connects with office in order to re-engage with mentoring.
Therapeutic Life Mentoring
Practicum Incomplete by Course End Date:
A student who is unable to complete the Practicum requirements by the Course End Date may choose to enter Extension in order to complete the course. Therapeutic Life Mentoring Extension must take place concurrently with the following TLM session. The Extension tuition is a flat rate of $500 and includes access to the current session.