In it’s basic form, meditation simply involves focusing the attention of your mind in a way to become the observer (rather than the actor) of your thoughts.
1. Sit comfortably in a chair or anywhere of your choosing.
2. Close your eyes
3. Breathe in slowly, breathe out slowly. Long slow breaths without any effort.
4. As you breathe in say to yourself, “I breathe in”, and as you breathe out say “I breathe out”.
5. Repeat for 3 or more breaths.
6. Notice if your mind goes elsewhere between or during each breath. If it does, just notice that it does, and return to the breathing and the repeating of the two phrases.
7. Continue for 3 minutes to begin and then extend it by another minute every few days.
8. If you practice yoga this a a great addition at the end of your yoga practice. It’s also a good stand alone practice at any time.
That’s it! A simple and uncluttered practice. Try it! Inspire other readers by telling us below how your daily practice serves your life. I’d love to hear from you.