Phoenix Rising Yoga Therapy Training Program (900hr)
Tuition: $15,800-$16,800 depending on courses chosen (package discounts may be applicable)
Hours: 900 hours
Duration: Program may not be completed in less than 2 years; students generally take 2.5-4 years to work through the full course schedule.
Application: Admittance to Level 3 of this training program requires an Application and Fee, as well as successful completion of both Phoenix Rising Essentials and Yoga Therapy Training Level 2 with faculty approval.
Accreditation: The PRYT 900 hr Training Program is accredited by the International Association of Yoga Therapists. For more information, contact: www.iayt.org.
Phoenix Rising Yoga Therapy is a body-mind approach to yoga therapy utilizing the concept of embodied mindfulness — which we have refined over 30 years in training over 1700 yoga therapists. The courses Phoenix Rising Essentials and Phoenix Rising Yoga Therapy Training Level 2 and Level 3 are the core curricula of this program and will introduce you to the basic concepts, fundamental postures, and empathetic dialogue techniques required to practice the Phoenix Rising Yoga Therapy modality.
The nine-month Therapy Training Level 3 course consists of two residency periods – Orientation (7 days) and Midterm (7 days) – and a supervised practicum (9 months) practiced in each student’s home environment. Unique to this yoga therapy program is that you learn a discreet modality with established protocols that are transferable to a variety of populations, needs, and work environments. Students are assigned mentors who give feedback, guide studies and personal growth, and help students refine techniques. During the training, we focus on each student’s personal, as well as professional, development; we believe that the quality of the yoga therapy practitioner’s ability to achieve a profound level of presence is a key factor in how well a client benefits from a session.
Call to speak to an enrollment counselor to help you plan your program and select the courses, locations, and timing that is right for you. Our program has a flexible structure and can be adapted to your specific needs and interests and the population you wish to serve. All courses below (except where a choice is provided) are required for this Certification. The Core Curriculum is offered as residency courses, but several of the Advanced and Adjunct courses are low-residency, online, or practicum based.
- 200 hour Yoga Teacher Certification from an accredited school
- 1 year of yoga practice
- 1 year of yoga teaching experience
- Phoenix Rising Essentials Parts I & II 4 days
- Phoenix Rising Yoga Therapy Level 2 5 days (prerequisite: Essentials)
- Phoenix Rising Yoga Therapy Level 3: Orientation, Midterm, Practicum, 9 months Supervised Independent Study two 7-day residentials with nine-month Practicum (prerequisite: Essentials, Level 2)
- Anatomy & Physiology* 5 days
- Yoga & Transformational Philosophies* 5 days
- Module A: Dual Process 7-day residential with self-paced Practicum (prerequisite: Essentials)
- Group Facilitator Training (GFT)§ 7-day residential with 6-month Practicum (prerequisite: Level 3 and Module A or 200hr YTT)
Online Live Webinar Courses:
- The Subtle Body* 10-13 webinars
- Basics of Ayurveda* 10-13 webinars
- Life Mentoring (LM) 13 webinars with 6-month Practicum (prerequisite: Level 3 and Module A or 200hr YTT)
- PRYT Yoga Therapy for Couples* 5 webinars with 2-month Practicum (prerequisite: Level 3)
OR Mentoring for Yoga Professionals* 6 webinars with 3-month Practicum (prerequisite: Level 3 and Module A or a YTT 200)
§ It may be possible to substitute for GFT: Module B: Themes & Sequencing 10-day residential with 6-month Practicum (prerequisite: Module A)
* Transfer Credit may be available for:
- Anatomy and Physiology (40 hrs)
- Yoga & Transformational Philosophies (45 hrs)
- The Subtle Body (38 hrs)
- Basics of Ayurveda (38 hrs)
- Yoga Therapy for Couples or Mentoring for Yoga Professionals – students may be able to substitute an external course focused on a different area of interest (minimum 10 hrs; an additional mentored Practicum will be required for all Transfer courses)
A maximum of 238 course hours may be applied toward the IAYT 900 Certification. PRYT recommends a maximum of 2 transfer credit courses.
Due to the diversity of yoga and yoga therapy training programs PRYT cannot determine the value or applicability of previous training without careful investigation. It is the responsibility of the student applying for credit to provide documentation that validates the previous training meets the IAYT standards to which Phoenix Rising adheres. Transfer credit is currently only considered for specific courses and is only available for Yoga Therapy Certification Programs.
More details, with outlines of required competencies for each course, are available here:
- Transfer Credit Policies & Application – Adjunct/Foundations Courses
- Transfer Credit Policies & Application – YT for Couples or Mentoring for Yoga Professionals
Previous Program Requirements
Students who started their program prior to 2019 may be meeting older requirements in effect at that time. If you are a current student unsure of which requirements you need to meet, please contact email@example.com.
If you have any questions, please call us at (800) 288-YOGA(9642) or (802) 453-6444.